The word “Grace” is defined in a lot of different ways:
- A characteristic or quality pleasing for its charm or refinement.
- Divine love bestowed freely on people by a higher power.
- A disposition to be generous or helpful; goodwill.
- A favor rendered by one who need not do so; indulgence.
- A prayer before eating to give thanks.
I’ve been thinking a lot about grace lately, ever since my Uncle Wayne passed away. It kind of bubbles away on my mind’s back burner while I type, but don’t get bummed, this isn’t a story about that. Even though other events may frame it, this is about rambling in the forest with friends (old and new) picking weeds and accidentally getting a nasty rash. (more…)