Professor Simon drags Shawn deep into the world of Sourdough starters and how to make the perfect loaf of bread out of a jar of beige slime.
Questions, comments or corrections? Hit us up at email@example.com
Music by John Palmer
Show notes and Shout Outs:
- I would argue that when it comes to bread, half (at most) of the final result comes from the recipe. Far more important is handling and process. You Still Need a Recipe… Probably
- 400g Flour
- 400g Starter
- 200g Water
- 10g Salt
- Knead until smooth, place in a banneton or bowl and cover with a clean cloth. Allow to rise for a lot longer than you probably think is necessary. I’ll often do overnight. Fresh bread in the morning!
- Preheat the oven to 450. I recommend having either a baking stone or a dutch oven. GENTLY turn out the loaf. It’s basically a balloon at this point and we don’t want any of the delicious air to escape.
- Okay I lied, we want SOME of the air to escape. Slash the top all fancy. You can use a lame or sharp knife.
- BAKE! The amount of time is dependant on the equipment currently in your oven.
- Once done allow to rest for half an hour
- Only Lovers Left Alive: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1714915/
- The Menu: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9764362/
- Delicious in Dungeon: https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/81564899